While creating a layout for you or one of your customers’ website, there are a couple of things that you need to bear in mind before taking one step forward with your design. For instance, one of these things is the White space which we’re going to tackle here.
What is White Space?
It’s the blank space in your website pages which should be empty from any texts, images, vectors, designs, or any other element.
Also, to make things clear, the white space shouldn’t be a white space literally, actually you are free to choose any other color as what really matters is leaving it as a blank space.
Why to Use it?
It keeps the design of your website simple, elegant, and smart. Also, it enables you to direct your visitors to a specific call to action.
Why White Space is Important?
- improves the user experience,
- Direct the user to focus on the content more,
- Enables the user to find the information that he’s looking for easier,
- Urges the users to keep reading and furthermore moving to the next page,
- Make the website layout an organized and balanced one.
Filling your web layout with much images, texts, and columns isn’t a good thing as it makes the web design an annoying one for the eyes which will lead the users eventually to leave it.